Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge Day 2 : Christmas Trees

     
     It's the Second day of the Christmas Nail Art Challenge and today's theme is Christmas trees. I had a heck of a time trying to come up with an idea for today's theme.  I wanted to go for something different again and attempted a few different ideas. But fancy nail art was just not in the cards for me today. After 4 failed manicures I finally settled on a French twist with stamping.


     I'm actually pretty proud of how this turned out considering how frustrated I was when I started it. And for some reason, I can freehand a French tip in my sleep, but I can't paint lines to make a tree to save my life. Funny how that works.

     Enough of my nail art skill ponderings, back to the manicure. I started off with a layer of Simply Smooth. I wanted even color for the "nude" part of the nail along with a smooth surface to work with. The French tips are Ho Ho Holly from Color Club and a sparkly red striping polish I picked up at Sally's. I stamped with Finger Paints Paper Mache and Konad plate M12. Add in some gold accents with Orly Luxe and viola my manicure is completed!


     I wish the Merry Christmas was a little easier to read, but I still think it looks cute. Festive but not over the top  I guess. The next prompt is snowmen and I hope I don't have as many issues coming up with a manicure for that one. While I'm off thinking up ideas why don't you check out the other manicures in the challenge.  Or check out what I did for last years Christmas Tree prompt. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar