Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tabletop Tatting

Although I enjoy painting and gaming Dave will attest that I am no happier than when I am tatting, here are the current bits at the tatting table.
Dug in, a term common to 20th century games so I thought that I would do something to mark troops as such, I had the Warlord Games German grenadier sprue that came free with a recent issue of Wargames Illustrated. Together with a MDF base, some Ironclad Miniatures sandbags, Milliput and a razor saw I set to. The July issue of WI has a free sprue of Warlord winter Germans, I will add one of these to accompany him in due course.




It would also make a rather nice Jump Off Point for Chain of Command, speaking of which below is a JOP I made awhile ago.
If you follow Dave's blog or saw his article in a recent Wargames Illustrated you will have seen the palazzo he made for the Italian Wars project. Dave order some parts from Sally 4th and had a tower section that he did not utilise which he kindly donated to me as I was planning to convert my Chinese town walls for a mountain top castle section. This was way to big to store with all my other pieces so fell by the wayside, I was looking at the tower on the to do shelf and thought that would make a fine looking blockhouse for the First Carlist War. Using the brick work as a guide I halved one of the sections and fished out a spare door from a Charlie Foxtrot building and my stock of coffee stirrers and made a start.
Apart from commissions I have not painted much on the figure front this month, I have splashed a bit on five Goth infantry, the half figure above and the Paul Hicks NHS charity figure below which is available through Empress Miniatures.



TTFN and KBO


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar